Ghana Natural Hair Chick: Back to the lab..and the Shea Moisture Deep Conditioning Masque

Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to the lab..and the Shea Moisture Deep Conditioning Masque

Wow!So the weekend is over and I'm back in the lab.It was a really good weekend I think,especially since I got some fresh goat meat and made some soup(I'm hungry just thinking about it) and I got to catch some fire from God's presence.I also was able to put in my protective style last night so that was great!
As I said yesterday,I was trying out the Shea Moisture Deep conditioning Masque and I have to say I really loved it as a deep conditioner.I applied some Shea butter mix to my hair and added on the masque for an overnight Deep Conditioning treatment and I have to say that my hair responded really well to it.Also since I have been using the mud wash I have noticed that my hair is softer and more manageable so I guess that was part of it.Both products will be available for sale soon so keep your fingers crossed!
I wanted a simple protective style that would last me a while(3 weeks or 4..lol) and didn't take too long to do so I decided to go with long and slightly big chunky Marley twists.It took me about 4 hours to do because I kept getting up,but they are totally worth it.I used the Fretress Equal Marley hair with a mix of colors because I'm crazy(lol) and it wasn't that bad.I only needed 3 and a half packs for the style I did because it was long.It kind of looks frizzy though so I think I will wrap the hair and make them faux dread locks soon.For today,I simply wore a high bun because we were celebrating my boss's birthday and I think it looks pretty cool.Lemme know what you think.I will let you know how I moisturize them in another post.Till then,stay blessed and fabulous!
Yvonne